When to change the filter bag
Change the filter bag when the colored marker in the airflow indicator completely fills the display in red.
Filter bags are disposable and are designed to be used only once. Dispose of full filter bags. Do not attempt to reuse. Clogged pores reduce the suction power of the vacuum cleaner.
Check the airflow indicator
- Attach the standard floor brush, AllTeQ or AirTeQ to the vacuum cleaner. All other suction tools may affect the function of the airflow indicator.
- Switch the vacuum cleaner on and select the highest power level.
- Lift the floor brush slightly off the floor. If the marker completely fills the indicator window, the filter bag needs to be changed
How the airflow indicator works
The airflow indicator is designed to show when the bag is full of common household dust and measures the amount of air flow through the filter bag. Normal household dust is a mixture of dust, hair, carpet fluff, threads, sand, etc.
However, if fine dust, such as drill dust, sand, plaster or flour is vacuumed, the pores of the filter bag may become blocked. The marker will indicate that the bag is “full” even when it is not. The filter bag should be changed as the suction power is greatly reduced.
If the bag is bulging with pet fur, hair, carpet fluff, etc. the indicator may not register “full”. This is because the air flow of the filter bag may still be high enough not to activate the marker to show maximum. The filter bag should still be changed.
How to change the filter bag
- Lift the release button and open the dust compartment lid upwards until it clicks into place.
The filter bag has a flap that automatically closes to prevent dust from escaping when the bag is removed.
- Grasp the collar and remove the filter bag from the holder
- Insert the new filter bag into the blue holder as far as it will go. Note: Do NOT unfold the filter bag when you take it out of the box.
- Unfold the filter bag in the dust compartment when possible.
- Now close the dust compartment lid until it clicks into place, take care not to catch the filter bag in the lid. If you do not insert a replacement filter bag, the dust compartment lid is designed not to close. Do not use force!
Source: Miele S8 Owner Manual